HOW WE CAN HELP
Hospitalized and homebound students present a particular challenge to both school districts and impacted families. Injury and illness along with any recovery time should not impact progress towards grade advancement or graduation.
However, homebound or hospitalized students are unable to physically attend school and staffing to help these students is very expensive.
BOL can help families and districts overcome these obstacles through a homebound program that is both cost-effective and high-quality. BOL already provides highly-qualified state-certified teachers and a catalog of state standards aligned courses for students in grades 6-12.
With our Homebound program, we provide the same instructional approach but with additional layers of support that take into account IEP and 504 accommodations and short-to-long term course customization to ensure that the student is progressing rather than retaking.
With the homebound program, BOL will provide:
- Customized courses to match the district’s pacing guide for courses so the students can simply pick up where they left off
- Virtual orientation for the student and family
- Coordinate with the online teachers to meet the student’s requirements
- Provide grades, and gradebook of assignments and coursework completed while in BOL
- Monitor students work and send weekly progress and attendance to the school district liaison
BOL can help both families and districts overcome the obstacles for students who are hospitalized or homebound with a cost-effective and high-quality program.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact Berks Online Learning 610-898-8950 | BOLinfo@berksiu.org